1. To promote acquaintanceship and group effort among those interested in African Americans, Hispanics and Latinos, Native Americans, and Asians.
2. To further the cause of research in African American Hispanic and Latino, Native American and Asian Studies.
3. To stimulate greater public interest in better inform public opinion regarding African Americans, Hispanics and Latinos, Native Americans and Asians.
4. To serve as a forum for the expression of research and artistic endeavors in the celebration of the lives and works of African Americans, Hispanics and Latino, Native American and Asians.
5. To serve as a resource for scholars in the field who desire information and support for research related to the African and African American, Hispanic and Latino, Native American or Asian American experience.
6. To maintain archives which will be made available to all members of the community who are desirous of using available resources.
7. To support and host a national convention each year which will provide students and scholars an opportunity to present research in an open forum.
Benefits of Membership:
- Receive a copy of the national newsletter, Affiliate News
- Receive a copy of the national journal, Journal of Intercultural Disciplines
- Publish research in the monograph series.
- Opportunity to publish an article in the national journal.
- Have opportunities to participate in the international projects.
- May participate in the organizations’s speakers’ bureau.
- May place position announcements in the organization’s website.
- Have opportunities to establish research linkages with individuals and agencies.
- Have opportunities to interact with peers and professionals.
- Have access to resources and national directories.